Chocolate Pudding :- Chocolate puddings are a type of pudding dessert that has a chocolate taste.Chocolate Pudding is a popular dessert that has been around for a long time. This simple, kid-friendly treat comes together quickly and is a fantastic make-ahead choice!
- 2 1/4 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- A Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolk
- 5 ounces of semisweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Lightly whipped cream (for serving)
- 2 cups milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt, combined in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the heat.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, unsweetened cocoa powder, and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium mixing basin until smooth. Mix in the remaining 1/4 cup of milk until smooth. Whisk this mixture into the boiling milk in the saucepan and bring to a boil, whisking continually, over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook, whisking continually, for about 2 minutes, or until the pudding is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Whisk the whole egg with the egg yolks in a medium mixing basin. Whisk about 1 cup of hot chocolate pudding into the eggs until completely combined, then scrape the pudding back into the pot. Cook the pudding, whisking frequently, over medium heat until it just comes to a boil, about 2 minutes.
- Into a medium heatproof basin, strain the pudding. Whisk in the chopped chocolate, butter, and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes, or until the chocolate and butter are melted and mixed and the pudding is smooth. Refrigerate the pudding in six 6-ounce ramekins until completely cooled. (If you’re not in a rush, place a piece of plastic wrap right on top of the pudding in the bowl and chill.) Serve with a dollop of softly whipped cream on top.
How to store Chocolate Pudding
- The chocolate pudding can be refrigerated for up to 4 days if wrapped in plastic wrap.