Kaju Katli :-Kaju katri, commonly known as kaju barfi, is a barfi-like Indian dessert. Barfi is created by thickening milk with sugar and other additives, however that is not always the case (such as dry fruits and mild spices). Saffron-infused kaju katli is known as kesar kaju katli.
- 1 1/2 cup of powdered cashews
- One cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 inches of silver vark
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 teaspoon of powdered green cardamom
- Preparing the cashew nut powder is the first step in making this traditional sweet dessert at home. Grind 1 1/2 cup cashew nuts, being careful not to overdo it because the cashews may exude oil, causing the powder to become gritty. The fine powder can then be extracted with a sieve and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat and add the water and sugar. Continue to whisk until the sugar dissolves. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the fine cashew nut powder after the mixture begins to boil. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth and has a somewhat thick consistency. Add some ghee to this combination if you like ghee; it will give the dish a great flavour and scent. Continue to mix in the cardamom powder. Turn off the heat and set the mixture aside after it has thickened.
- In a mixing basin, knead the Kaju katli mixture into a fine, homogeneous dough. Make sure the dough for the Kaju katli is smooth and devoid of cracks. Grease a baking tray with ghee. Then, using a rolling pin, transfer the sweet dough and flatten it. Apply the silver varq and wait for it to dry.
- Now, cut the Kaju Katli into a classic diamond form and serve to your loved ones.
- If you wish to create vegan Kaju Katli, replace the ghee with coconut oil.
- Replace the sugar with sugar-free or stevia if you want to make a healthier version of Kaju Barfi.
- To get the best results, bring the sugar syrup to a rolling boil before adding the cashew powder.
- If you choose, you can skip the silver varq.
- You can also add rose water to the Kaju Katli combination to enhance the flavour. This will also impart a pleasant aroma to your barfis.