Pav Bhaji :- It is an Indian fast food meal made up of a thick vegetable curry (bhaji) and a soft bread bun (pav). Its origins can be traced back to Maharashtra, India.
- 8 pav
- 4 tsp of butter
- ½ tsp of lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp of pav bhaji masala
- 4 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tomato (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup of peas
- ½ capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 potato (boiled & mashed)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 and ¼ tsp of lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp of turmeric
- 1 and ½ tsp of pav bhaji masala
- 2 tsp of kasuri methi
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 finely chopped onion
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 drops of red food colour (optional)
- To begin, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a big kadai and add 3 tomatoes, 1/4 cup peas, 1/2 capsicum, 2 boiled potatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. 2 minutes of sauteing
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix
- Boil for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Make a smooth mash of the veggies, making sure there are no lumps
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp kasuri methi
- Sauté for a minute, checking to see if the spices are fully cooked.
- Stick the prepared vegetable mixture to the pan’s sides to make room in the centre.
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala, and 1 tsp kasuri methi in a tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 onion, and 1/2 lemon juice are also good additions.
- Sauté until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add 3 drops of red food colouring and mix thoroughly.
- Lastly, add 1/2 cup of water or as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Cook and mash for 5 minutes, or until the pav bhaji is smooth and silky.
- Heat 1/2 tsp butter in a pan and add a teaspoon of chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, and 1 tsp coriander leaves to make the pav. Mix thoroughly.
- Slit two pavlovas in the middle and cook with seasoned butter.
- Both sides of the pav are roasted until they are slightly heated.
- Finally, top pav and bhaji with chopped onions, coriander, lemon, and a dollop of butter to make it.
- To begin, make with butter for a more authentic street flavour.
- To make it more nutritious, add vegetables of your choosing.
- Moreover, mash the baji well to achieve a silky smooth consistency.
- Finally, when served hot and spicy, It tastes fantastic.