Peanut Butter Cookies:-These extremely peanut butter cookies have a deep taste, a delightfully soft texture, a thick centre, and a deliciously crumbly edge thanks to the double amount of peanut butter. To prevent excessive spreading, chill the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- 2 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium mixing basin, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Remove from the equation.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together on medium speed with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat on high for 1 minute, or until fully blended. Scrape down the bowl’s edges and bottom as needed. Combine the peanut butter and vanilla in a high-powered mixer and beat until smooth.
- Mix on low until the dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet components. If used, add the peanuts to the mixer while it is running on low speed. The dough will be soft and thick.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour after covering it (and up to 2-3 days). If chilling for more than a few hours, allow at least 30 minutes for the dough to come to room temperature before rolling and baking, since it will be extremely hard.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). Use parchment paper or silicone baking mats to line 2-3 large baking sheets. (This is always a good idea for cookies.) Remove from the equation.
- Roll cookie dough into balls (about 1.5 Tablespoons each cookie) and roll in granulated sugar. Make a crisscross indent on top of each with a fork. Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides are gently browned. The centres will have an extremely delicate appearance.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking pans before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature for up to a week if kept covered.