Veg Biryani :- Biryani is a mixed rice dish that originated among the Indian subcontinent’s Muslims. Basmathi rice is used to make vegetable biryani. Biryani with vegetables and rice that is both nutritious and delicious.
- 400 grams of basmati rice
- 7 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 large onion ( sliced )
- 1 teaspoon of black cumin seeds
- 8 clove
- 2 cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 4 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 100 grams of peas,carrot
- 100 grams of chopped potato,cauliflower,bean green
- 2 pinches of powdered black pepper
- 1/2 cup of yoghurt
- 4 black cardamom
- 4 green cardamom
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of rose water
- 1/4 teaspoon of kewra
- 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 8 cup of water
- Soak the rice for half an hour after washing it under cold running water.
- 4 tablespoons ghee, heated in a skillet over medium heat Remove the sliced onions with a slotted spoon after they have turned golden brown. On absorbent paper, drain cooked onion slices.
- Sauté half of the black cumin seeds in the same skillet until they start to crackle. Mix the cloves, cinnamon, half of the nutmeg, and peppercorns until fragrant.
- Sauté for one minute with the ginger and garlic paste. Add salt, pepper, butter, yoghurt, and veggies to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are almost soft.
- Meanwhile, bring 8 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil in a separate large pan.
- Make a tiny bundle (potli) with the remaining cloves, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, black cardamoms, and green cardamoms and add it to the water with bay leaves. Allow the spices to infuse the water with their flavour by cooking on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the rice, then add it to the pan and simmer until half done. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside the strained liquid.
- Set aside the remaining ghee to stir into the rice. Spread half of the fried onions on the bottom of a deep, heavy-bottomed heatproof casserole to start assembling the biryani. Half of the rice should be spread over the onions. Then, on top of the rice, add a layer of veggies and chopped mint. Sprinkle rose water over the rice as a finishing touch. Serve immediately with raita.
- Saffron strings and kewra water can be added to make it more aromatic.
- For a regal touch, sprinkle cashews on top of the Veg biryani.
- Serve with raita and a gravy of your choice.